February 6, 2010

The PULSE Tour 2010: Atlantic City





The first weekend in January this year, I was lucky enough to attend the PULSE Tour in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
I got to take classes with my three favorite choreographers ever - Sonya Tayeh (I've written about her before!) , Mia Michaels, and Wade Robson - among others.


Here are some pictures from Sonya Tayeh's class. I'm the one with the pink shirt and long brown hair.




The above picture is Laurieann Gibson teaching a workshop. We learned part of a dance for Monster by Lady Gaga. Laurieann is crazy! And awesome! I follow her on Twitter, @BoomKack, and she always has something encouraging to say (see here!). At one point during the class, she swaggered up to one of the male dancers, laughing, and said, "Let me touch you, so you turn to gold.
Definitely one of the best things I've ever heard!

Me with my friends Lilly, Allie, and Emily, and CRIS JUDD!

We learned some really cool dances. A lot of the choreographers have choreographed for the show So You Think You Can Dance, which I am obsessed with! So when I found out we were learning a few dances from the show, I was super excited!

For example, we learned this dance, choregraphed by the legendary Mia Michaels. She is so inspirational. During the class she gave a little speech about the importance of growing and pushing yourself, and I will never forget it.


Then there was Wade Robson. When he came on stage I believe I was crying, I'm not going to lie. He is amazing, and has accomplished so much for someone so young. He co-directed Britney Spears' 1999 tour at age nineteen!

We learned this dance, choreographed by the amazing Dave Scott. There is a really cool video on youtube of Dave and Wade doing the dance!


I had the weekend of a lifetime! I grew so much as a dancer and a person in such a short amount of time; I can't wait for next year!


Have you done anything to push yourself lately?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails