December 26, 2008

R.I.P. Eartha Kitt

Eartha Kitt, American actress, singer, and cabaret star died yesterday at age 81. She was best known for her song "Santa Baby" and her role as Catwoman on the 1960's Batman TV series.


♥♥♥♥


Academy Award-winning American director Orson Welles once called her the "most exciting woman in the world". Her persona is that of the ultimate

femme fatale. Readers may recognize her in the movie Holes as Madame Zeroni.

Eartha Kitt spoke out admirably on controversial issues, often doing performances for the benefit of HIV/AIDS research. She even caused a stir when she ma

de anti-war statements during a White House luncheon with Lady Bird Johnson 1968.


"I am a mother and I know the feeling of having a baby come out of my gut. I have a baby and then you send him off to war. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot." --Eartha Kitt


♥♥♥♥



Eartha was known for her striking looks, a mixture of her African, Cherokee, and German descent. However, she has said, I have never thought of mys

elf as a race. I have always thought of myself as a communicator who has no race”.


♥♥♥♥


She was nominated twice for Broadway's Tony Award: in 1978, as Best Actress (Musical) for "Timbuktu!"; and in 2000, as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for "The Wild Party."



♥♥♥♥


“I do not have an act. I just do Eartha Kitt. Eartha Kitt is my act and I am still learning from her. Not that I want to be perfect. I do not believe in perfection. What do you do with perfection? I want to be whoever Eartha Kitt is until the gods take me wherever they take me.”


Damn. Fabulous.


♥♥♥♥




♥♥♥♥

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays yo :]

xx
Nikkidee

No comments:

Post a Comment

C-C-C-Comment! :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails